In To Kill a Mockingbird, Atticus explains to Scout that “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view…until you climb into his skin and walk around in it” (36).
Imagine spending a day in someone else’s shoes in this writing activity.
- First, examine a variety of shoes and envision what the owner would look like, such as their appearance, actions, etc.
- If possible, trade shoes with someone and spend the rest of the day walking in them. How did it make you feel about that person?
- Then write a narrative, telling the story of a day in the shoe owner’s life.
- Put this story on your blog with a picture and call it the same title as this page.
- We will share our shoe stories soon.