Link the presentation to this document.
Why a Multi-Modal project and not just an Essay?
Read a college professor’s blog post called Multimodal Mondays: Remixing Rhetoric through Visual Analysis
How do I get started?
Before doing the multi-modal work on the essay, we will learn the elements of descriptive writing.
- Complete the Sensory packet first.
- Do this assignment on spatial order and sensory details.
- Complete the Don’t Tell, Show assignment.
- Develop your digital essay in a series of stages
Tools to Consider Using for this Essay
- 28 Boring Words Alternatives
- Prezi is good, but have you tried:
- Voice Thread
- Word Cloud
- Infographic tools
- More on infographics
- Make a gif (animated images)
- Made with Code
- Need to record music or vocals?
- Make your own infographic with Canva
- Best Presentation Software List: Complete 2018 Guide
If you want to earn an A, be ambitious. Do research. Rewrite. Re-shoot. Re-edit. Fuss the details. Innovate. Make something the rest of us will remember.
- Here are some fromDuke University’s digital writing course.
- From Kennesaw State University, a digital essay called Painting the Face of Education
- Here’s a digital essay on Kafka’s Metamorphosis.
- This one is very ambitious. Do you think you could match it?
- Begin the process of making your digital essay by looking at this article.
- A Foran student’s digital descriptive essay/presentation.
- Another Foran student presentation.
- A presentation using Animoto.
I look forward to working with you on this project. Good luck!